Please read this owner’s guide
Please take the time to follow the instructions in this owner’s guide carefully. It will
help you to properly use your new Bose
product and enjoy its features. Please save
this owner’s guide for future reference.
• To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose the battery charger to rain or moisture. Do not expose the
charger to dripping or splashing of liquids.
• The battery charger must be used indoors. It is neither designed nor tested for use outdoors, in recreation vehicles,
or on boats.
• Charge the battery only on a charger approved by Bose Corporation. Do not continue charging the battery if it does
not reach full charge within the specified charging time. Doing so may cause the battery to become hot, rupture, or
ignite. If you see any heat deformation or leakage, properly dispose of the battery.
• Do not expose the battery to temperatures greater than 212°F (100°C). If exposed to excessive heat, the battery
can catch fire and explode.
• Do not place the battery in direct sunlight, or use or store it inside cars in hot weather where it can be exposed to
temperatures in excess of 140°F (60°C). Doing so may cause the battery to generate heat, rupture, or ignite. Using
the battery in this manner also may result in a loss of performance and a shortened life expectancy.
• Do not short circuit the battery. Avoid placing it around metal objects such as keys, pocket change, paper clips, and
• Do not hit the battery with a hammer, step on, throw or drop it to expose it to a strong shock. Do not pierce the bat-
tery with a sharp object such as a nail. Do not crush, dent, or deform the battery in any way. If the battery becomes
deformed, properly dispose of it.
• The battery used in this device may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated. Do not disassemble, heat
above 212°F (100°C), or incinerate. Replace battery with Bose part PC40229 only. Use of another battery may
present a risk of fire or explosion.
• Do not allow the battery to get wet. Avoid using it in high humidity environments.
• Avoid electrostatic discharge to the battery.
• Do not drop or sit on the headphones, or allow them to be immersed in water.
• Long-term exposure to loud music may cause hearing damage. It is best to avoid extreme volume when using these
headphones, especially for extended periods.
• Do not use these headphones when operating a motor vehicle on a public road, or where the inability to hear out-
side sounds may present a danger to you or others.
• Sounds that you rely on as reminders or warnings may have an unfamiliar character when you are using the head-
phones. Be aware of how these sounds vary in character, so you can recognize them as needed.
Please dispose of used or damaged batteries promptly and properly,
following any local regulations. Keep away from children. Do not incinerate.
To return batteries for recycling, contact Bose or your Bose dealer. In the United
States only, call 1-800-905-2180. For other regions, see the contact information
on the inside back cover.
This product conforms to the EMC Directive 89/336/EEC and to the Low
Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC. The complete Declaration of Conformity can be
found at www.bose.com/static/compliance/index.html.
©2006 Bose Corporation. No part of this work may be reproduced, modified, distributed, or
otherwise used without prior written permission.
01.ENG_QC3.fm Page 2 Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:49 PM