POSSIBLE PROBLEM EASY SOLUTION
Machine will not work when
• The safety locking arm may not be correctly engaged
in the vertical operating position with the locking arm
located into the two grooves on either side of the juicer
cover (page 11 step 4).
Motor appears to stall when
• Wet pulp can build up under the juicer cover if the
juicing action is too vigorous. Try slower juicing action
by pushing the food pusher down more slowly (page 16
step 4). Follow Disassembling and Cleaning instructions
and clean the ﬁlter bowl surround, the stainless steel
ﬁlter basket and the juicer cover.
• Hard fruit and vegetables will put excess strain onto
the motor if a low speed is selected. Please refer to the
juicing guide on Page 16 to determine the correct speed
for the fruit and vegetables selected for juicing.
• The Juice Fountain will automatically stop operating if
the motor is stalled. This is an electronic safety feature.
Either too much food is being processed at one time
or the pieces are not small enough. Try trimming food,
cutting food into smaller pieces or even size and/or
processing a smaller amount per batch.
• If this occurs, the Overload Protection LED will ﬂash red.
• To continue juicing, turn the juicer OFF, unplug from the
power outlet and clear the feed chute. Once the feed
chute has been cleared, plug the power cord into the
power outlet and resume juicing.
Excess pulp building up in the
stainless steel ﬁlter basket
• Stop the juicing process and follow Disassembling
instructions. Remove the juicer cover, scrape off pulp,
reassemble and begin juicing again. Try alternating (soft
and hard) vegetables and fruit varieties.
Pulp too wet and reduced
• Try a slower juicing action. Remove the stainless steel
ﬁlter basket and thoroughly clean mesh walls with a
cleaning brush. Rinse the ﬁlter basket under hot water.
If the ﬁne mesh holes are blocked, soak the basket in a
solution of hot water with 10% lemon juice to unlock the
holes or wash in the dishwasher. This will remove excess
ﬁber build up (from fruit and vegetables) which could be
inhibiting the ﬂow.
Juice leaks between the rim of
the Juicer and the juicer cover
• Try a slower juicing speed and push the food pusher
down the feed chute more slowly (page 16 step 4).
Juice sprays out from spout
• The juice is being extracted too fast – try a slower juicing
speed and push the food pusher down the feed chute
more slowly (page 16 step 4).
JE98XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 24 16/12/09 11:27 AM