BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
We at Breville are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued
customer, foremost in mind. In addition, we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and
adhere to the following precautions:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
• Carefully read all instructions before operating the
appliance for the ﬁrst time and save for future reference.
• Remove and safely discard any packaging materials and
promotional labels before using the appliance for the
• To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, remove
and safely discard the protective cover ﬁtted to the power
plug of this appliance.
• To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the power
plug, power cord or stainless steel housing in water or any
• Unwind the power cord fully before use.
• Do not allow the power cord to hang over the edge of a table
or counter, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
• Do not place the appliance near the edge of a bench or table
during operation. Ensure the surface is dry, level and clean
(free of water, ﬂour and other substances). Vibration during
operation may cause the appliance to move slightly.
• Do not place this appliance on or near a hot gas or electric
burner or in a heated oven. Position the appliance with a
minimum distance of 4” (10cm) of space on both sides of
the appliance. This will allow for adequate air circulation
and help prevent the possibility of wall discoloration due to
• Always operate the appliance on a stable and heat resistant
surface. Do not use on a cloth-covered surface, near curtains
or other ﬂammable materials.
• Do not operate the appliance on a sink drain board.
• Always ensure the appliance is properly assembled before
connecting to a power outlet and operating. Follow the
instructions provided in this book.
• Always ensure the collapsible paddle is removed from the
base of the baked loaf prior to slicing.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Appliance surfaces, including
the lid and outer surface are hot during and after operation.
To prevent burns or personal injury, always use handles and
knobs where available and protective hot pads or insulated
oven mitts when inserting, removing or handling the bread
pan from the stainless steel housing. Alternatively, allow the
appliance to cool completely before inserting or removing
parts, disassembling and cleaning.
• Always use protective hot pads or insulated oven mitts when
removing bread or jam from the bread pan. In particular,
extreme caution must be used when moving the appliance
or the bread pan containing hot liquids such as jam, as the
jam is extremely hot.
• Steam vents are very hot during and after operation. Do not
cover the steam vents when the appliance is in use. Do not
place anything on top of the lid.
BBM800XL_IB_FA.indd 4 1/07/10 10:47 AM