BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
• Do not leave the lid open for extended periods of time when
• Do not place any ingredients directly into the interior cavity
of the stainless steel housing. Place ingredients into the
bread pan only, ensuring to wipe any spills from the rim and
outside of the pan.
• Do not underﬁll or overﬁll the bread pan as the bread may
not mix properly. The recipes in this book are designed for
1lb to 2.5lb (0.5kg to 1.25kg) loaves. However if developing
your own recipes, as a general guide, a minimum 2 cups and
maximum 4.5 cups of total dry ingredients is recommended.
On the jam setting, as a general guide, a maximum 3 cups of
fruit should be used.
• Do not immerse the outside of the bread pan in water. Doing
so may interfere with the free movement of the drive shaft.
Submerge and wash only the interior of the bread pan,
ensuring the outside is clean and thoroughly dry.
• Do not pour any liquids into the Automatic Fruit and
Nut Dispenser. Only use suitably sized ingredients that
will not fall through the steam vents.
• Avoid contact with moving parts.
• To turn the appliance OFF, press and hold the CANCEL
button. The appliance is OFF when the START | PAUSE
button surround is no longer red. Remove the power plug
from the power outlet.
• Always turn the appliance OFF by pressing and holding the
CANCEL button then removing the power plug from the
power outlet if the appliance is to be left unattended, if not in
use, before attempting to move the appliance, before cleaning,
disassembling, assembling and when storing the appliance.
• Strictly follow the care and cleaning instructions described
in this book.
• This appliance is for household use only. Do not use the
appliance for anything other than its intended purpose as
described in this book. Do not use outdoors. Do not use in
moving vehicles or boats.
• The use of attachments not sold or recommended by
Breville may cause ﬁre, electric shock or injuries.
• This appliance is not intended to be operated by means of
an external timer or separate remote control system.
• Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use.
• This appliance is not intended for use by young children
or inﬁrm persons without supervision. Close supervision is
necessary when this appliance is used by or near children.
• Regularly inspect the power plug, power cord and actual
appliance for any damage. Do not operate if damaged in
any way or after the appliance malfunctions. Immediately
cease use of the appliance and visit www.Breville.com or
call Breville Customer Service on 1-866-BREVILLE for
replacement, repair or adjustment.
• For any maintenance other than cleaning, visit www.Breville.
com or call Breville Customer Service on 1-866-BREVILLE.
• This appliance is equipped with a power cord having a
grounding wire with a grounding plug. The appliance must
be grounded using a 3-hole properly grounded outlet. In the
event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the
risk of electrical shock.
• If the power outlet is a standard 2-prong wall outlet, it
is your personal responsibility and obligation to have it
replaced with a properly grounded 3-prong wall outlet.
• Do not, under any circumstances, cut or remove the third
(ground) prong from the power cord or use an adapter.
• Consult a qualiﬁed electrician if the grounding instructions
are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to
whether the appliance is properly grounded.
BBM800XL_IB_FA.indd 5 1/07/10 10:47 AM