BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
• Use the grinder to grind roasted coffee
beans only. Grinding other substances,
such as nuts, spices or unroasted beans
may dull the burr and cause poor
grinding or injury.
• Always switch the appliance off by
pressing the POWER button off. Remove
the power plug from the power outlet
before attempting to move the appliance,
when the appliance is not in use and
before cleaning and storing. Allow to cool
before putting on or taking off parts, and
before cleaning the appliance.
• Keep the appliance and accessories clean.
Strictly follow the care and cleaning
instructions described in this book.
• Do not use cleaners, steel wool pads or
other abrasive materials when cleaning
any part of this appliance.
• This appliance is not intended to be
operated by means of an external timer
or separate remote control system.
• The use of attachments not sold or
recommended by Breville may cause ﬁre,
electric shock or injuries.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR
ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
• Fully unwind cord before use.
• To protect against electric shock, do not
immerse cord, plug or appliance in water
or any other liquid.
• Do not let the cord hang over the edge
of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces, or
• Do not leave the appliance unattended
when in use.
• This appliance is not intended for use
by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience or
knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning
use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure
they do not play with the appliance.
• This appliance is recommended for
household use only. Do not use this
appliance for anything other than its
intended use. Do not use in moving
vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors.
• It is recommended to regularly inspect
the appliance. Do not use the appliance
if the power supply cord, power plug,
or appliance becomes damaged in
anyway. Immediately cease use and
visit www.Breville.com or call Breville
Customer Service on 1-866-273-8455 for
examination, repair or adjustment.
• For any maintenance other than
cleaning, visit www.Breville.com
or call Breville Customer Service on
• This appliance is equipped with a
power cord having a grounding wire
with a grounding plug. The appliance
must be grounded using a 3-hole
properly grounded outlet. In the event
of an electrical short circuit, grounding
reduces the risk of electrical shock.
• If the appliance is of the grounded
type, the extension cord should be a
grounding 3-wire cord. If the power
outlet is a standard 2-prong wall outlet,
it is your personal responsibility and
obligation to have it replaced with a
properly grounded 3-prong wall outlet.
• Do not, under any circumstances, cut or
remove the third (ground) prong from
the power cord or use an adapter.
• Consult a qualiﬁed electrician if
the grounding instructions are not
completely understood, or if doubt
exists as to whether the appliance is
BDC600XL_IB_B11.indd 5 25/05/11 1:34 PM