BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
We at Breville are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products
with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition, we ask that
you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
• Carefully read all instructions before
operating the appliance for the ﬁrst time
and save for future reference.
• Blades and cutting discs are sharp.
Handle them carefully.
• Remove and safely discard any
packaging materials and promotional
labels before using the appliance for the
• To eliminate a choking hazard for young
children, remove and safely discard the
protective cover ﬁtted to the power plug
of this appliance.
• To protect against electrical shock, do not
immerse the power cord, power plug or
motor base in water or any other liquid.
• Do not place the appliance near
the edge of a bench or table during
operation. Ensure the surface is level,
clean and free of water. Vibration
during operation may cause the
appliance to move during use.
• Do not place the appliance on or near
a hot gas or electric burner, or where it
could touch any other source of heat.
• Do not use on a sink drain board.
• Always make sure the food processor is
completely assembled before operating.
The appliance will not operate unless
• Ensure the POWER/OFF button has
been pressed and the power cord is
unplugged from the power outlet before
attaching any blade, disc or lid.
• Handle the food processor and
attachments with care. Blades and discs
are razor-sharp and should be kept out of
reach from children.
• Always secure the processing bowl onto
the motor base before attaching the
blades or discs.
• Do not allow the power cord to hang
over the edge of a table or counter, touch
hot surfaces or become knotted. Unwind
the power cord fully before use.
• Keep hands as well as spatulas and other
utensils away from moving blades or
discs while processing food, to prevent
the possibility of sever personal injury or
damage to the food processor. A plastic
spatula may be used, but only when the
food processor is stopped. Ensure the
POWER/OFF button has been pressed to
switch the motor off and remove the power
cord from the outlet before removing the
lid from the processing bowl.
• Avoid contact with moving parts. Never
push food down by hand when slicing or
shredding. Always use pusher.
• Make sure motor has completely
stopped before removing cover.
• Never store any blade or disc on motor
shaft. To reduce the risk of injury, no
blade or disc should be placed on the
shaft except when the bowl is properly
locked in place and the processor is in
use. Store blades and discs, as you would
sharp knives, out of reach of children.
• Be sure cover and feed tube are
securely locked in place before
operating food processor.
• Never try to override or tamper with
cover interlock mechanism.
• Always remove the plug from the
power outlet if the appliance is not
in use, before attempting to move
the appliance, before cleaning,
disassembling, assembling and when
storing the appliance.
BFP800XL_IB_B11_FA.indd 4 27/05/11 4:59 PM