BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
• Some stiff mixtures, such as dough,
may cause the processing blade to
rotate more slowly than normal. If this
happens, do not process for longer than
• Do not process hot or boiling liquids –
allow liquids to cool before placing into
the processing bowl.
• Do not move appliance while
• Do not place any part of the food
processor in a microwave oven.
• Do not ﬁll the processing bowl above
the 12 cup liquid level (2.8L) or 16 cup
dry level (shredding). Always add drier
or thicker ingredients to the processing
bowl prior to adding ﬂuids.
• Never remove the lid while the appliance
is operating. Always use the POWER/
OFF or PAUSE buttons to stop the
machine before lid removal.
• Care should be taken when removing
the food from the processing bowl
by ensuring the motor and blade/
disc has completely stopped before
disassembling. Ensure the POWER/
OFF button has been pressed to switch
the motor off and unplug the power
cord from the power outlet before
removing the lid from the processing
bowl. The processing bowl should
then be unlocked from the motor body
and the blade/disc should be carefully
removed before attempting to remove
the processed food.
• Do not use harsh abrasive, caustic
cleaners or oven cleaners when cleaning
• Strictly follow the care and cleaning
instructions described in this book.
• To avoid possible malfunction of
work bowl switch, never store the food
processor with pusher assembly in
• This appliance is for household use only.
Do not use the appliance for anything
other than its intended purpose as
described in this book. Do not use
outdoors. Do not use in moving vehicles
• The use of attachments not sold or
recommended by Breville may cause ﬁre,
electric shock or injury.
• Do not leave the appliance unattended
when in use.
• Ensure the motor and bade/disc
have completely stopped before
disassembling. Ensure the POWER/OFF
button has been pressed to switch the
motor off and unplug the power cord
from the power outlet when not in use, if
left unattended and before assembling,
cleaning or storing.
• This appliance is not intended for use
by young children or inﬁrm persons
without supervision. Young children
should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
• Regularly inspect the power cord, power
plug and actual appliance for any damage.
Do not operate if damaged in any way
or after the appliance malfunctions.
Immediately cease use of the appliance
and visit www.Breville.com or call Breville
Customer Service at 1 (866) 273-8455
for examination, repair or adjustment.
• For any maintenance other than
cleaning, visit www.Breville.com or call
Breville Customer Service at 1 (866) 273
• This appliance is equipped with a
power cord having a grounding wire
with a grounding plug. The appliance
must be grounded using a 3-hole
properly grounded outlet. In the event
of an electrical short circuit, grounding
reduces the risk of electrical shock.
• If the power outlet is a standard
2-prong wall outlet, it is your personal
responsibility and obligation to have
it replaced with a properly grounded
3-prong wall outlet.
• Do not, under any circumstances, cut or
remove the third (ground) prong from
the power cord or use an adapter.
BFP800XL_IB_B11_FA.indd 5 27/05/11 4:59 PM