Function Setup Function Setup
• Settings with (*) are the default.
• Quick menu consists of the setting menus frequently used, and they are accompanied with
• If you set “Source Direct” to “On”, “HDMI Audio Out” to “HDMI 2ch” or “7.1ch Audio Out” to
“2 Channel”, “Bass Enhancer” is not available.
• Under following circumstances, “HDMI Multi(Normal)”, “HDMI Multi(LPCM)” and “HDMI 2ch” is
- HDMI cable is not connected to HDMI OUT jack.
- Connected display device is off.
- Connected display device is not compatible with audio output.
Digital Out Setting
When the “Audio Mute” is selected in “HDMI Audio Out” setting, audio signal of the HDMI is muted
and the audio signals output from DIGITAL OUT changes depending on the “Digital Out” setting.
<“Digital Out” setting>
Audio A HDMI Audio Out A Audio Mute
• This setting is not effective when the HDMI audio signal is output.
• When both HDMI and DIGITAL OUT is connected to other devices, the audio signals currently
output from the HDMI OUT will be output from the DIGITAL OUT jack as well, except that Dolby
Digital signal will be output instead of Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD, and DTS signal will be
output instead of DTS-HD.
• When “BD Audio Mode” is set to “HD Audio Output”, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS-HD
will be output as core stream (Dolby Digital or DTS). If the audio source is Dolby Digital, DTS, or
LPCM, the same audio stream type set in the “HDMI Audio Out” will be output. (When outputting
Multi LPCM from HDMI OUT, 2ch Downmix LPCM will be output from DIGITAL OUT.)
• When “BD Audio Mode” is set to “Mix Audio Output”, the audio output from DIGITAL OUT will follow
the setting in the “HDMI Audio Out”. (When outputting Multi LPCM from HDMI OUT, 2ch Downmix
LPCM will be output from DIGITAL OUT.)
Setting items Options
7.1ch Audio Out
Sets the audio format for the audio
output from the 7.1ch AUDIO OUT.
The multi-audio signals are output from the 7.1ch
AUDIO OUT. Refer to pages 34-35 for setting options.
Down-mixed 2-channel audio signals are output from
the 7.1ch AUDIO OUT jacks.
Sets the digital audio output when
playing BD or DVD recorded in
LPCM signals are converted to 48 kHz for output.
• Set to “On” when using digital connections to an AV
amplifier that is not compatible with sampling
frequencies of 96 kHz.
For BD or DVD recorded in LPCM without copyright
protection, 2-channel audio signals of up to 192 kHz are
output as LPCM signals with no conversion.
Sets whether to compress the
range of sound volume (Dynamic
Range Control) when Dolby Digital,
Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD
audio is played back.
When the discs that are recorded in the Dolby TrueHD
format is in playback, this unit detects DRC setting of
the disc and set the DRC setting of this unit to “On” or
Sets to output the audio without
adding speaker settings to the
audio signals from the disc.
Select this to output the audio without any effect of
Select this to output the audio with the effect of
Sets to output the lower frequency
audio signal output from the
speakers set to “Large” in the
“Speaker Configuration” from
Subwoofer to enhance the bass
sound. This setting is effective for
the signal output from 7.1ch
AUDIO OUT and HDMI OUT (LPCM).
Lower frequency sound of the “Large” setting speakers
will be added to the sound of the subwoofer.
Normal sound signal will be output from subwoofer.
Setting items Options
Sets to create a surround effect in
a system with 2 speakers
Virtual surround is set to off.
A natural surround effect in a system with 2 speakers
A stronger surround effect in a system with 2 speakers
connected than "1".
When playing back discs recorded in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS or
DTS-HD, the corresponding core stream (Dolby Digital or DTS) are output.
LPCM signal will be output from DIGITAL OUT.
E5E00UD_EN.book Page 33 Friday, January 18, 2008 6:59 PM