If the unit does not perform properly when operated as instructed in this Operating Instruction, check the unit, consulting the following checklist.
Problem Solution Page
No power - Check if the AC cord is properly connected.
- Unplug the AC cord once, and wait for 5-10 seconds and then plug it
No sound or picture - Check if the connected display device is turned on.
- Check the HDMI connection. (Check the status of the HDMI related
- Check the RCA audio/video cable connections.
- Check if the pure direct mode is set to “Video Off” or “All Off”. If it is
the case, set it to “Display Off” or “Normal”.
- Check whether the connected display device or other device supports
HDCP. (This unit will not output a video signal unless the other device
- Check whether the output format of this unit (HDMI FORMAT)
matches the supported input format of other connected device.
- Check if the “HDMI Deep Color” is set to “Auto”. If it is the case, set it to
- Check if the “I/P Direct” is set to “On”. If it is the case, set it to “Off”.
Distorted picture - Sometimes a small amount of picture distortion may appear.
This is not a malfunction.
- Connect this unit directly to the TV. If the RCA audio/video cables are
connected to a VCR, pictures may be distorted due to the copy
Completely distorted picture or
black/white picture with BD/DVD
- Make sure the disc is compatible with this unit. 4
No sound or distorted sound - Adjust the volume.
- Check that the speakers are connected correctly.
- Check the HDMI connections.
- Check the “Audio” settings.
Picture freezes momentarily during
- Check the disc for fingerprints/scratches and clean with a soft cloth
wiping from center to edge.
- Clean the disc.
Disc cannot be played back - Clean the disc.
- Ensure the disc label is facing up.
- Check if the disc is defective by trying another disc.
- Cancel the ratings control or change the control level.
- Insert a correct disc that can be played back on this unit.
SD Memory Card cannot be read. - The format of the card does not match to this unit or the card is not
No return to start-up screen when
disc is removed
- Reset this unit by turning it off, then on again. –
The unit does not respond to the
- Aim the remote control directly at infrared sensor window on the front
of the unit.
- Reduce the distance to infrared sensor window.
- Replace the batteries in the remote control.
- Re-insert the batteries with their polarities (+/- signs) as indicated.
- Make the signal code of the remote control match to the signal code
of the unit.
Problem Solution Page
Buttons do not work or the unit
- To completely reset the unit, unplug the AC cord from the AC outlet
for 5-10 seconds.
The unit does not respond to some
operating commands during
- Operations may not be permitted by the disc.
Refer to the instructions of the disc.
The unit cannot read BD/DVD/CD - Condensation ? (Let sit 1 or 2 hours)
- You are attempting to play a disc other than one with one of the
marks on page 4.
- Wipe the dirt off the disc or replace the disc.
Angle does not switch - The angle cannot be switched for BD/DVD which do not contain
multiple angles. In some cases multiple angles are only recorded for
Playback does not start when the
title is selected
- Check the “Ratings” setting. 36
The password for rating level has
- Enter the default password “4737”, then your forgotten password will
• Some functions are not available in specific modes, but this is not a malfunction. Read the
description in this Operating Instructions for details on correct operations.
• Some functions are prohibited on some discs.
E5E00UD_EN.book Page 38 Friday, January 18, 2008 6:59 PM