• Caution – The use of optical instruments with this
product will increase eye hazard.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the cabinet,
unplug the player and have it checked by qualified
personnel before operating it any further.
• The AC power cord (mains lead) must be changed
only at a qualified service shop.
• The player is not disconnected from the AC power
source as long as it is connected to the wall outlet
(mains), even if the player itself has been turned off.
• Do not put any object other than a disc on the disc
• Do not put a vase or candle, etc., in front of the disc
tray. When the disc tray opens, it might fall.
On power sources
• Before operating the player, check that the operating
voltage of the player is identical with your local
power supply. The operating voltage is indicated on
the nameplate at the rear of the player.
• If you are not going to use the player for a long time,
be sure to disconnect the player from the wall outlet
(mains). To disconnect the AC power cord (mains
lead), grasp the plug itself; never pull the cord.
• Place the player in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the player.
• Do not place the player on a soft surface such as a rug
that might block the ventilation holes on the bottom.
• Do not place the player in a location near heat
sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight,
excessive dust or mechanical shock.
• If the player is brought directly from a cold to a warm
location, or is placed in a very damp room, moisture
may condense on the lenses inside the player. Should
this occur, the player may not operate properly. In this
case, remove the disc and leave the player turned on
for about an hour until the moisture evaporates.
• While the player is turning on, some noise may be
heard as the disc is being loaded into the player. This
is not a malfunction.
On adjusting the volume
Do not turn up the volume too much while listening to
a portion with very low level inputs or no audio signals.
If you do, the speakers may be damaged when a peak
level portion is played.
On inserting a disc
You may hear a transmission or a mechanical sound
from the player. This indicates that the player is
automatically adjusting its internal mechanisms
according to the inserted disc.
You may also hear the mechanical sound from the
player when you insert a warped disc.
Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a soft cloth
slightly moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do
not use any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder, or
solvent such as alcohol or benzine.
• Be sure to remove all discs from the disc tray.
•Be sure to close the disc tray.
If you have any questions or problems concerning your
player, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.