Notes on Discs
On handling discs
•To keep the disc clean, handle the disc by its edge. Do
not touch the surface.
• Do not stick paper or tape on the disc.
•Use only round-shaped discs. If you use a special
shaped disc (e.g., star-shaped, heart-shaped, or
square-shaped, etc.), the player may be damaged.
•Do not use discs with a seal attached; such seals are
often attached to used and rental discs.
On keeping discs
• Do not expose the disc to direct sunlight or heat
sources such as hot air ducts.
•After playing, store the disc in its case. If you put it
on top of another disc without the case, the disc may
On placing discs on the disc tray
Make sure the disc is positioned securely on the tray.
If not, the player or the disc may be damaged.
• If the disc is dirty with fingerprints or dust, it may
lessen the quality of the audio out.
• Before playing, clean the disc with a cleaning cloth.
Wipe the disc from the center out.
• Clean the disc with a soft cloth slightly moistened
with water, and remove moisture with a dry cloth.
• Do not use solvents such as benzine, thinner, record
cleaners, or anti-static spray.
If you experience any of the following
difficulties while using the player, use this
troubleshooting guide to help you remedy the
problem. Should any problem persist, consult
your nearest Sony dealer.
There is no sound.
• Check that the player is connected securely.
• Make sure you operate the amplifier correctly.
The remote does not function.
• Remove any obstacles in the path of the remote
and the player.
• Point the remote at the remote sensor on the
• If the batteries in the remote are weak, replace
them with new ones.
“ERROR” appears in the display.
• Turn off the player, and then turn it on. If
“ERROR” appears again, please consult your
nearest Sony dealer.
The player enters standby mode
• The player enters standby mode automatically
when playback is paused or stopped without any
operation for more than about 30 minutes (Auto
standby) (page 10).
“AUTO STBY” flashes on the display for 2
minutes before the player enters standby mode.
The disc does not play.
• There is no disc inside the player.
• Place the disc on the disc tray with the label side
• The disc is placed at an angle. Reload the disc.
• Clean the disc (page 21).
• Moisture has condensed inside the player.
Remove the disc and leave the player turned on for
about an hour.
• There is an incompatible disc on the tray
A disc cannot be ejected and “LOCKED”
appears in the display.
• Contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony