Bose offers additional receivers as well as extension/expansion cables and adapter kits for
use with the Bose
link AL8 Homewide Wireless Audio Link.
For further information, contact your Bose dealer or Bose Customer Service. For Bose
contact information, refer to the address sheet included in the carton.
Problem What to do
No sound • For both the transmitter and the receiver, make sure:
– the audio source is plugged in, turned on, and working.
link A cable is securely connected at both ends. Refer to “Making the connec-
tions” on page 6.
– the small connector end of the power cord is inserted firmly into the AC Power jack on the
connection panel and the power pack is plugged securely into a working AC outlet.
– the Setup code switches on the connection panel of the transmitter and the receiver are set
identically. There are four options: 1 & 2 up; 1 & 2 down; 1 up & 2 down; 1 down & 2 up.
– the Status LEDs are lit a solid green to indicate solid communication between the two parts.
If not, refer to the next Problem in this table.
• For the expansion room products, make sure:
– the system, amplifier, or powered speaker is plugged in and turned on. On an SA-2 or SA-3
amplifier in that room, make sure the status LED is lit to indicate the amplifier is working.
– the room code is set on the Bose link remote control or PERSONAL
music center II to
match the room codes on the amplifier or powered speaker and are unique to this expansion
– the house code is set on the Bose link remote control or PERSONAL music center II to
match the house code of the LIFESTYLE
system in the main room.
persists and the
Status LED lights
are not solid green
• Move the receiver and transmitter closer together.
• Move the receiver, the transmitter, or both so the transmission path between them does not
intersect with large metal objects (like a refrigerator), impervious construction materials (like
thick masonry) or other obstructions (like a pool of water).
• Check to see if the Status LEDs turn green as a result of the above efforts. For details, refer to
“Check the indicators and settings” on page 8.
a WiFi network,
or other electronic
• For interference with a Wifi network, use the Channel button on the connection panel of the
transmitter to alleviate the problem. For details, refer to “The transmitter Channel button” on
• For interference with a telephone, TV or other electronic device, move the transmitter or
receiver farther from the device.
Interference from a
• Reposition the transmitter so it is in a more open area.
• Move the receiver farther from the microwave.